1 long, 3 short beeps

BalKar

Hello

Just got my new PC a couple of days ago and already run into a problem.
When I turn the PC on, I hear a long beep followed by three short ones. I googled it and most forums saying it's a Ram or Graphic Card issue. Monitor doesn't turn showing picture. Looked inside and nothing seems to be loose BUT I know nothing about computers and I have zero skill level so I'm avoiding to touch anything on it. This is why I purchased the PC and didn't build it for myself.
Can anyone help me what can I do?
I will call them up tomorrow but as it's literally a band new PC but was wondering if anyone can help me out here.

These are the specs:

Case
CORSAIR 5000D AIRFLOW TEMPERED GLASS GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 7 7700X Eight Core CPU (4.5GHz-5.4GHz/40MB CACHE/AM5)
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF GAMING B650-PLUS WIFI (AM5, DDR5, PCIe 4.0, Wi-Fi 6)
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 5600MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
16GB AMD RADEON™ RX 7800 XT GAMING - HDMI, DP - DX® 12
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SOLIDIGM P44 PRO GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 7000MB/sR, 6500MB/sW)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W RM SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Is this a pre-built system, or did you get some advice on the components?

Did you buy it with Windows or without?

Is the monitor plugged into the correct port(i.e. into the GPU, not the motherboard)?

What happens if you manually turn on or switch inputs on the monitor?

It would also help if you could post the FULL config…

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Have you definitely got the monitor plugged into the GPU and not the motherboard? Can you upload a photo of the back of the PC with cables connected?

BalKar

Have you definitely got the monitor plugged into the GPU and not the motherboard? Can you upload a photo of the back of the PC with cables connected?
It should be plugged into the GPU. Now it makes and extra beep shortly after the one long and 3 shorts.

Attachments

• 1000026741.jpg
    1000026741.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 18

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just needs the specs, you’ve posted a lot of sensitive information

PCS are purely a system integrator, they just build what the customer orders. The customer is expected to know what parts work together or ask for advice if not.

The PSU is below the minimum recommended for the GPU.

The cooler as well is cutting it thin

To be honest, I would cancel the order (you can do so without any reason up to 14 days after delivery) return it and get some advice on something more suitable, there's no point troubleshooting as as soon as it's under load, the PSU is going to shutdown power.

Last edited:

BalKar

Just needs the specs, you’ve posted a lot of sensitive information

PCS are purely a system integrator, they just build what the customer orders. The customer is expected to know what parts work together or ask for advice if not.

The PSU is below the minimum recommended for the GPU.

The cooler as well is cutting it thin

To be honest, I would cancel the order (you can do so without any reason up to 14 days after delivery) return it and get some advice on something more suitable, there's no point troubleshooting as as soon as it's under load, the PSU is going to shutdown power.
I'm on mobile and copied the specs wrongly. I tried to delete that comment because all the sensitive information but wasn't fast enough.
PCS even indicated that I could go lower with PSU. I was expecting more help from their part on this.
Thank you for your help. You certain that is the problem?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm on mobile and copied the specs wrongly. I tried to delete that comment because all the sensitive information but wasn't fast enough.
PCS even indicated that I could go lower with PSU. I was expecting more help from their part on this.
Thank you for your help. You certain that is the problem?
So PCS designed it? I thought you said you did?

As already said, it’s not worth finding the problem because the pc isn’t going to work anyway due to the specs

BalKar

So PCS designed it? I thought you said you did?

As already said, it’s not worth finding the problem because the pc isn’t going to work anyway due to the specs
I selected the part on PCS website but when I selected the 750W PSU a message poped up that by their calculation I can go lower. Well, I shouldn't listen to that.
Thank you for you help!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I selected the part on PCS website but when I selected the 750W PSU a message poped up that by their calculation I can go lower. Well, I shouldn't listen to that.
Thank you for you help!
You have to understand the context behind it, it's relating to specific builds that yours doesn't fail under. If you don't understand hardware you need to ask for help.

You can't throw anything together on a PC and expect it to work, each tier is designed for a specific use and every component has to balance.

PCS are available to advise, but you have to actually ask them. The configurator simply lists what's physically compatible for that chipset.

You wouldn't expect to pick out the parts for a custom car and it to work properly? it's no different.

BalKar

You have to understand the context behind it, it's relating to specific builds that yours doesn't fail under. If you don't understand hardware you need to ask for help.

You can't throw anything together on a PC and expect it to work, each tier is designed for a specific use and every component has to balance.

PCS are available to advise, but you have to actually ask them. The configurator simply lists what's physically compatible for that chipset.

You wouldn't expect to pick out the parts for a custom car and it to work properly? it's no different.
Fair enough. Unfortunately I don't know much about it. I asked around on some forums before I purchased it but to be fair I did not expect this to be difficult. Again, I'm new to it and probably way too old too.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Fair enough. Unfortunately I don't know much about it. I asked around on some forums before I purchased it but to be fair I did not expect this to be difficult. Again, I'm new to it and probably way too old too.
If you get it returned, you don’t need any reason, by UK law you have a right to return any internet purchase within 14 days as that’s the time you have to work out if it’s suitable as it’s the first time you’ve seen it and been able to test it.

Then come back here, we just need to know your budget, intended uses and make and model of monitor and we can design something for you.

None of us work for PCS, we’re either customers or just tech enthusiasts who enjoy guiding people to the best bang for their buck. A few of us work in the industry so collectively there’s a good range of knowledge.

I know it’s a pain, but it’s a big investment and if done right should easily last you 10 years or so.

BalKar

If you get it returned, you don’t need any reason, by UK law you have a right to return any internet purchase within 14 days as that’s the time you have to work out if it’s suitable as it’s the first time you’ve seen it and been able to test it.

Then come back here, we just need to know your budget, intended uses and make and model of monitor and we can design something for you.

None of us work for PCS, we’re either customers or just tech enthusiasts who enjoy guiding people to the best bang for their buck. A few of us work in the industry so collectively there’s a good range of knowledge.

I know it’s a pain, but it’s a big investment and if done right should easily last you 10 years or so.
That is very lovely of you, thanks a lot!
Will probable get a refund. I received the PC last Friday so I hope the 2 weeks counts from there and not the actual payment.